It's Pancake Day! Are you looking for a gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free and guilt-free pancake recipe that's also vegan? If so, this is the recipe for you! With these healthy pancakes you get a tasty breakfast treat without the extra sugar and carbs that most pancakes have... and it's entirely plant based! The main ingredient of this recipe is our grain-free Dr Gaye Super-Porridge. If you have some left over in your kitchen, then whip it up in your blender and transform it into a different type of breakfast.
Super-Porridge Pancake Recipe
Serves 4-5 pancakes
- 1 cup Dr Gaye Super-Porridge
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup organic vegan milk of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or natural sweetener of choice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend the Super-Porridge in a mixer until blended into a powder. Add the baking powder, coconut sugar and sea salt and mix well.
- Whisk the vegan milk, melted coconut oil and mashed banana into the dry ingredients and mix well. Add more vegan milk for thinner pancakes. Let stand for about 10 min.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Spoon the pancake batter onto the pan. Since it’s a dense batter, you may need to flatten the batter and shape it into a circle with the spoon. Cook until the edges lose its shine, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until brown.
- Serve with your favourite toppings!