It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday – why not take a break from your morning health shake and make your mum a nice yet still healthy, homemade brunch? Here’s a gluten-free Buckwheat Pancake recipe that uses our Super-Blend to boost the nutritional content!
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ Dr Gaye Super-Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 large egg (vegetarian) or 1 large banana (vegan)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix together the flour, Super-Blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add coconut milk and water.
- Beat in the egg or mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined.
- Preheat your frying pan over medium-low heat and swirl a ¼-cup scoop of the batter onto the warm pan.
- Cook until brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in your favourite way!